top of page


How to Obtain Your South Carolina Marriage License? If you live in the state of SC you may obtain your license from any county seat and it's good for the entire state. Just be sure to contact the specific county and make sure you take all the info you need. There is a 24 hour wait so you will have to go apply then return 24 hours later to pick it up. 


 For Weddings in North Myrtle Beach and you are out of state: Conway is the county seat, and that's where you'll need to apply for and then receive your marriage license. Marriage licenses are issued at the Probate Court Office (843-915-5370). It's in the County Courthouse at 1301 Second Avenue, Conway. Marriage licenses are issued between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, but the office is open until 5:00 p.m. Please be sure to call prior to traveling there from out of state to confirm my info here is still correct. 

To receive a marriage license from the Probate Court, you'll need to: 

1) file a marriage application; 2) file a statement, under oath or affirmation, that the persons seeking the contract of matrimony are legally entitled to marry, together with the full names of the persons, their ages and their places of residence; 3) pay the appropriate fee; and 4) observe the 24-hour waiting period.


Only ministers of the gospel, accepted Jewish rabbis, officers authorized to administer oaths in South Carolina and the chief or spiritual leader of a Native American Indian entity recognized by the South Carolina Commission for Minority Affairs are authorized to administer a marriage ceremony in this state. Marriage licenses are public records and are open to the public during regular business hours.

Marriage License Fees (includes Criminal Domestic Fund):

  • County residents $50.00

  • State residents $75.00

  • Out of state and all others $100.00


Visit the

 site for more marriage details. 

How to obtain your North Carolina Marriage License?

To legally marry in North Carolina, the couple must purchase a marriage license before the ceremony. The license is valid only in North Carolina and can be purchased from any N.C. Register of Deeds' office. Once issued, the license is valid immediately and is good for 60 days after issuance. There is no waiting period. If you live in NC you may obtain the license from the county where you live. It's then good for anywhere in the state. 

If you are traveling from out of state please go to the counties office closest to where you will be staying. Below is just an example. The counties for the beaches I cover are Brunswick County, New Hanover County, Pender County and Onslow County. If you are unsure of the county where your beach is in please contact me. 


  1. Complete the marriage application form, either online or Register of Deeds Office.

  2. Both applicants must appear in our office between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday, except holidays. No appointment necessary.

  3. Present a valid government issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, passport, or military ID.

  4. If either applicant is less than 18 years of age, contact our vital records office at (910) 253-2430 for additional requirements.

  5. If a divorce was finalized within the last sixty days of the application, the original or a certified copy of the decree is required.

  6. Applicants must provide Social Security number. If a SS number has never been issued, an affidavit will be provided for applicant to sign.

  7. Pay a fee of $60.00 by cash, certified check, or money order. No personal checks accepted. Sorry, but we do not offer credit or debit card service.

  If problems with above link here is one for Brunswick County:

Please make sure to visit the register of deeds closest to the beach you are visiting or if a NC resident visit the one in your county, it's then good for the entire state. 

Additonal Information

  1. A certified copy is required to change last name on driver's license and Social Security card. The fee for a certified copy is $10.00.

  2. After the ceremony, the completed license must be returned to our office within 10 days of the ceremony.

  3. For a civil ceremony, please contact the Brunswick County Magistrate's office (910) 253-3919.

  4. The North Carolina marriage statute can be reviewed here.

bottom of page